Thursday, April 30, 2020

Daily Doodle #20



Dear Timberwolf Artsts,

I can't believe it's been 20 days that I've been making doodles for you.  Even though it's fun, it's not nearly as fun as seeing you all in person.  I miss you all so much.

Today's doodle is both fun and easy!  I took one crayon and one piece of paper and I went outside to make texture rubbings.  You can see that I layered the rubbings on top of one another and that I used a variety of pressure: some hard and some soft.  I also tried to find a variety of surfaces: some natural (like bark and leaves) and some man made (like our license plates).

Here are some tips for making a good rubbing:

1.  Use a peeled crayon.

2.  Lay your crayon down on the paper as you make your rubbing instead of holding it upright (like you would if you were making a drawing).

3.  Use a variety of pressure

Have fun with it, Timberwolves.  I know this is one of my favorite ways to draw outside.

Until Tomorrow,
Artfully Yours

Mrs. Starbuck



No comments:

Post a Comment