Friday, April 3, 2020

Fine Art Friday (1st edition)

Hello BEU Artists,

This morning I decided that I wanted to start sharing with you the artwork that's in my house.  Spoiler alert: I have a lot of art in my house.  So...Each Friday, I'll share a picture of an artwork and I'll tell you about it.

This tree is one of my most favorite pieces of art that I've ever owned.  I found it in a thrift shop about 8 years ago and I have NO idea who made it. Here's what I can tell you: The green tree is CUT OUT and sewed onto the white fabric.  Also, it's about as tall as I am so it is really big.  Just pause for a minute to think about how long it would take to cut out the green fabric and then to sew it onto the white fabric!  I sure wish I could meet the person who made it. 

Notice that the tree is mostly symmetrical.  Do you see the little flaw in the upper right hand part of the tree?  I love that mistake because that's how you can see that it was made my hand and not a computer. 

I hope you enjoy looking at this tree as much as I do.  I've moved houses twice since I first bought it and I always hang it somewhere that I can easily see it.

I'll catch you all on Monday for my next Daily Doodle!

Artfully Yours,
Mrs. Starbuck

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eye for beautiful "negative space" -- the white leaves dance with the green ones. And those roots!

    ReplyDelete