Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Daily Doodle #14

Dear Timberwolf Artists,

Today I made an artwork based on the Art of Wassily Kandinsky.  Here is a link to see his work:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wassily+kandinsky&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS863US863&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjGucnopfroAhUyAZ0JHQFqCdIQ_AUoAXoECCQQAw&biw=1034&bih=588

Kandinsky made a lot of non-objective art that he often based on music. 

Here's how I made my doodle:

1.  I made a small circle, a slightly bigger circle, and then the biggest circle.  Each time, I tried to think about changing up the sizes of the circles.  sometimes I made the circles similar in size, sometimes I tried to make the center circle a lot smaller than the next two and so on.

2.  I colored each set of circles using marker.

3.  I took colored pencil and draw some circles on top of the marker.

Today I leave you with this challenge: I challenge you to listen to music while you are working and to see if the music can help you decide what colors to choose or how you draw your circles.  For example, if your music is quiet or calm, you might think about how to show that with your hand as you draw. If your music is loud or fun or silly, you might think about colors that could show those feelings.

Have fun, Timberwolves!

Until tomorrow,
Artfully yours
Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment