Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Daily Doodle #10







Dear Timberwolf Artists,

Today's Daily Doodle is brought to you by Anna.  Her Art teacher in Montclair, New Jersey suggested that they choose three things from the room around them and make them into a picture.  The way that I interpreted this assignment was to choose three objects and then turn each one of them into a little creature.

You can see in picture one that I chose a sand shovel, a shoe, and a bottle of room freshener.  When it came time to draw each object, I drew right in black sharpie so if I made a bad line, oh well!  I had to just roll with it.  Remember these tips from our still life unit to help you draw your objects:

1.  Really look at the object your are drawing.  If you choose a banana and it has a brown spot on it, draw the spot!

2.  Add at least two details.  I found that when I was drawing the shoe, when I drew the opening where the foot goes, it looked like a mouth to me.

3.  Draw slow.  The slower your hand moves, the more likely your drawing is to come out in a way you are happy.

As always, no one is looking over your shoulder.  If you make a wrong line, so what?!  You know that if you were with me in class, I'd probably spotlight for you for keeping at it after a mistake, right?

Thanks for today's idea, Anna!

I love you all and miss you daily,

Artfully Yours,
Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment