Friday, April 10, 2020

Fine Art Friday #2

Hello Timberwolves,

Today I wanted to share with you another piece of art in my house that I cherish.  Any guesses who painted it?  That's right, Ken Nichols!  It's oil paint on wood panel. 

The reason I love this painting so much is because it's an incredibly beautiful painting of an every day object.  I love that he painted a take-out coffee cup with a spill running down the side.  In my opinion, it's both funny (it's like he's making an old paper coffee cup seem really special or important) and gorgeous because of how carefully he painted the light and dark, and all the textures of the foreground and background.

I hope you enjoy looking at this painting, friends.  I have it hanging right near my kitchen because that's where I make and usually drink my coffee at home!

Stay tuned for today's video lesson!

<3  Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment