Friday, May 1, 2020

Fine Art Friday #5

Dear Timberwolf Artists,

For today's Fine Art Friday I am going to share with you a hand painted sign that I found in a thrift shop many years ago.  Do you know how when you go to the movies, there is usually a screen before the movie starts that reminds everyone to turn off their phones and to be quiet during the movie?  Well, a long time ago, the way movie theaters told people to be quiet was that they had these little signs.  I'm not sure how they did it, but they had a way that they could show this sign up on the movie screen through a machine called a projector.

The person who painted this sign probably didn't think of it as Art.  He or she was just trying to paint carefully and in a way that everyone could easily read the message.  However, I find it really beautiful.  I love that it was made by hand and that the letters are a little tiny bit wiggly.  The white words are a little bumpy if you run your fingers across the sign.  In my house, I have it hanging above my piano because I think it's funny that I play loud music underneath a sign that says I should be silent.  Ha!

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

See you for a video lesson in a little bit!

Artfully Yours,
Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment