Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Daily Doodle #25


Dear Timberwolf Artists,

For today's doodle, I did some black out poetry!  The way it works is that you take a page of writing from an old newspaper, magazine, a book that fell apart, and you choose a few words to circle and you cover up the rest of the words. It is very important that you use a page of writing with permission, and that you do not tear a page out of an important book.

Here's where black out poetry can get fun: there's lots of different ways you can cover up the words on the page.  Here's how I made mine:

1.  I found an old book on first aid (that I had bought at a thrift store BECAUSE it was already falling apart).

2.  I looked through the pages until I chose a page to tear out.

3.  I read through the words and I put a box around the words "Be" and "Patient."  As soon as I circled those words, I started thinking about how we have all had to be so patient during quarantine.

4.  I wrote LOTS and lots of numbers across the page until all the rest of the words were covered up.  I wrote numbers because I was thinking of all the days we've had to wait indoors during quarantine.

I am including a google link so you can see more examples of black out poetry.  You can keep it really simple and just color the rest of the words black, or you can make a picture on the page.  Check out these amazing examples that other people have made!


That's all for today Timberwolves.  I'll catch you tomorrow for my final Daily Doodle of the year!

Artfully Yours,
Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment