Thursday, May 14, 2020

Daily Doodle #26

Dear Timberwolf Artists,

For today's Daily Doodle, I made a rain cloud.  For this project, it's helpful to have paper that's a little thicker than computer paper (like watercolor paper, card stock, or a mixed media sketchbook) but if all you have is computer paper, it will work. 

Here's how I did it:

1.  I drew a cloud at the top of my paper.  Notice that I made the bottom of my cloud flat?  I find that clouds look more realistic if you draw them with a flat edge along the bottom.
2.  I colored in my cloud with 4 different colors.  Two different light blues, a magenta, and a dark purple.
3.  I drew a lot of different raindrops below.  I had fun making them in different colors- I wasn't worried about them being realistic.
4.  This is the fun part!  I took my drawing to the sink and I let water run over my cloud for a while until the marker started to drip down the page.  If you made your cloud on computer paper, be extremely careful with this step because it's easy for computer paper to rip when it's wet.

It's really fun to paint water on top of marker.  I like to use this technique when I'm drying a sunset, or if I'm making a landscape and I want the background to look far away.

Give it a try timberwolves!  If you make an extra cool one, please e-mail me a picture at jstarbuck@cpsk12.org

I'll catch you all tomorrow for Fine Art Friday and a Video Lesson!

Artfully Yours,
Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment