Thursday, March 19, 2020

Art Resources for Encouraging Art at Home!

Hello BEU Students and Families,

I miss you all already.  I'm typing this blog post from my too-quiet classroom as I work to prepare resources to support my young artists while I can't be with you all in person.

Here is what I'd like you all to know:

1.  Both Ms. Martin and I plan to upload an instructional video at 1pm each friday that we are out of school, beginning with Friday April 3rd.

2.  I will be holding office hours starting on Monday, March 30th every week day from 1-3.  This means that I will be regularly checking my e-mail during these periods each day. My first video will be a studio tour of my at-home art studio with suggestions for how to set up a studio in your home and a simple art project!

Please e-mail me any cool examples of artwork your kiddo(s) have made at home!  I'd love to see!
jstarbuck@cpsk12.org

3.  I've compiled a simple list of online resources and art books that can help support young artists.  Feel free to peruse the list for ideas:

At home Art Resources for BEU Artists:

Step by Step drawing videos and projects:

Kids Art Hub Youtube channel 

Lunch doodles with Mo Willems

Cassie Stephes fun Art Projects for kids


Art work books and Journals

“Wreck this Journal”, Keri Smith

“Doodles, A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book”, Taro Gomi

“The Lego Adventure Book Vol. 1 and 2” Megan H Rothrock

“Martha Stewart’s Favorite Crafts for Kids: 

175 Projects for Kids of All Ages to Create, Build, Design, Explore, and Share”


The Editors of Martha Stewart Magazine



That's all for now.  Please don't hesitate to reach out via e-mail if there is anything else I can do to support your child(ren) in living an artful life while we are out of school.  <3 Mrs. Starbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment